Customers can upgrade their devices without breaking the bank by taking advantage of trade-in offers. Let’s look at three trade-in device offers and resale inventory available from mobile phone carriers.
Verizon offers the Samsung early upgrade program for the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G. To participate in the program, Verizon customers need to meet the following criteria:
- Have purchased or preordered a Samsung Galaxy S10 5G on a Verizon wireless device payment agreement before Oct. 13, 2020.
- Used the device with Verizon Wireless for a minimum of 30 days.
- Paid at least half of the device’s retail price.
- Returned the eligible Samsung device (in good working condition and with no significant damage) to Verizon within 30 days of an upgrade.
- Fulfilled all early upgrade program terms and conditions.
Along with its Samsung early upgrade program, Verizon offers a comparable option for iPhone devices. Here’s what Verizon customers need to do to participate in Verizon’s iPhone early upgrade program:
- Buy and activate any of the following eligible devices on a Verizon wireless device payment agreement:
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, or iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max (if purchased before Oct. 15, 2020)
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR (if purchased before Sept. 12, 2019)
- Use an iPhone with Verizon Wireless for at least 30 days.
- Pay half of the device’s retail price.
- Return an eligible iPhone (in good working condition and with no significant damage) to Verizon within 30 days of an upgrade.
- Fulfill all early upgrade program terms and conditions.
Verizon’s Samsung and Apple early upgrade programs provide the most conventional options to those who want to get the latest and greatest smartphones. As long as a phone works well and does not have substantial damage, Verizon customers can get good value for it as part of their trade-in, too.
With the AT&T Trade-In program, AT&T customers can trade in their old smartphone to earn a credit from AT&T based on the value of their device. The program also allows these customers to capitalize on AT&T smartphone discounts and promotions.
AT&T Trade-In uses the following process to let customers get an offer for their phone:
- Answer questions about a phone and find out how much the device is worth.
- Receive a prepaid trade-in device kit, so a customer can pack and ship their device and send it to AT&T.
- Track the status of the trade-in and complete the transaction.
Once an AT&T customer agrees to a trade-in, he or she will get an email that details how to send their old device to the company. Next, AT&T provides prepaid shipping supplies that will arrive within 10 business days. Finally, the customer sends their old device to AT&T at least 30 days before activating their new one.
New or current T-Mobile subscribers can trade in their phone if they want to upgrade, activate a new plan, or add a new line.
To use T-Mobile’s trade-in program, here’s what customers need to do:
- Leverage T-Mobile’s online tool or go to one of the company’s retail stores to get an estimate for the value of a device.
- Receive a quote for the device.
- Trade in the device in-store. Or, if the customer completes the trade-in device process online, T-Mobile provides everything needed to pack and ship the device.
T-Mobile customers can trade in up to one device per active line per month. Furthermore, if a customer is switching from another carrier, T-Mobile provides an Early Termination Fee (ETF) reimbursement of up to $350. This reimbursement is designed to cover some or all of the cost of the ETF from the customer’s previous carrier. And, it helps the customer get a new phone with T-Mobile and start their service with the company on a positive note.
Other Trade-In Phone Options to Consider
In addition to trade-in phone offers from mobile carriers, other companies accept smartphone trade-ins. These include:
The Amazon Trade-In program lets customers earn an Amazon.com Gift Card in return for their Android or iPhone model. With this program, a customer provides Amazon with information about their device and its condition. From here, a customer can receive an immediate trade-in offer for their device. If the customer accepts the offer, Amazon can provide a prepaid shipping label. Or, the customer can visit one of Amazon’s drop-off locations to ship their device.
Amazon Trade-In makes it easy to get an Amazon Gift Card that can be used toward the purchase of a new phone. It takes the guesswork out of getting money for a pre-owned device. And, all devices received from the program are restored and re-sold, or recycled.
A customer must have a qualifying device to take advantage of Amazon Trade-In. Also, to receive the best value for a trade-in, a device must be in good condition based on Amazon’s Electronics Condition Criteria.
Thanks to iGotOffer, anyone can get an instant trade-in offer for a smartphone. Enter information about a phone, and iGotOffer provides an offer within seconds. iGotOffer also provides a prepaid shipping label and offers payments via PayPal, Amazon Gift Card, or check.
To date, iGotOffer has earned high marks from ResellerRatings.com. However, once someone submits a request for a trade-in offer, iGotOffer does not explain how long the offer will remain valid.
Also, iGotOffer only accepts email requests from those who have questions about using the website to trade in their old phone. In other words, a person is out of luck if he or she wants to reach out to an iGotOffer customer representative for support via phone or real-time online chat.
ItsWorthMore takes the guesswork out of device trade-ins. The website offers a seamless process for submitting information about a phone online, getting a quote, and shipping the device. It provides a 14-day trade-in offer quote guarantee and phone support, too.
People can get payments via PayPal or check with ItsWorthMore. Be aware that the website deducts 3% from device trade-ins to cover PayPal fees.
Finding the Best Trade-In Phone Offers
The aforementioned options represent some of the best trade-in devices offers available today. Of course, there are other ways used phone retailers and wholesalers can help their customers upgrade to a phone quickly and affordably as well.
For instance, used phone retailers and wholesalers can offer an installment plan that allows customers to pay monthly charges to pay off the full cost of a new device. They can also provide trade-in discounts and promotions of their own.
The bottom line: Trade-in offers can make a world of difference for used phone retailers and wholesalers. Learn about trade-in offers, and you can use them to grow your business.