Table of Contents Hide
Labor Day is just around the corner, and many people wonder what’s open and closed in and around Gaithersburg. Here’s what you need to know:
Most government offices in Gaithersburg will be closed on Labor Day. This includes the city hall, the post office, and the DMV. Trash and recycling pickups will be delayed by one day for the entire week.
Stores and Restaurants
Most stores and restaurants in Gaithersburg will be open on Labor Day, but some may have reduced hours. It’s best to check with individual businesses for their hours of operation.
Most banks in Gaithersburg will be closed on Labor Day. However, some may have limited hours or be open for limited services. It’s best to check with your bank for their hours of operation.
Public transportation in Gaithersburg will run on a reduced schedule on Labor Day. It’s best to check with the specific transit system for their hours of operation.
- The Miniature Golf Course will open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Water Park will open from Noon to 5 p.m. for City of Gaithersburg Residents and Aquatics Members ONLY.
- The Community Museum will be open from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Police Department Administrative Offices will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The regular Mayor and City Council Meeting will occur on Tuesday, September 5.
Parks and Recreation
Most parks and recreation facilities in Gaithersburg will be open on Labor Day, but some may have reduced hours. It’s best to check with individual facilities for their hours of operation.
Remember to plan accordingly and enjoy your Labor Day!