Life is an adventure in itself and you need to take care of yourself so that you can face all the adventures that your life poses for you. You must dream of things which are not less than adventures for you and studying abroad is also one of that. Once you decide to go abroad every day there will be an adventure. Nothing in life is easy as you have to work hard to achieve whatever you want. If you have already decided about going abroad then it’s a peak time to gear up and start preparing.
Before you move to a completely new place there are so many things you can and works that are to be done. From booking your accommodation to booking air flights you have so much to do. There are many options available in accommodation like student accommodation Leeds that you can choose. But the advent of technology has made things much easier for us as we can do most of our tasks by just sitting on our couch. We can book air tickets, on-campus accommodation, shop online, etc on our device only. There are many online sites that are helping the student to find out suitable and comfortable accommodation for them just as per their requirements.
But still, you have to plan many things before you go, and here we will discuss a guide for how you can prepare well for your journey. Some of the points are:
- Know about your financial ability: Before deciding anything, the most important thing is to check out the availability of finances. Every country may have different study packages or fees and you first lookout for the finances and then decide the country in which you want to study. You must have the ability to manage your finances even after you move to a new place. You must know how you need to manage in fewer finances and how to invest or save the extra finances when you start earning. You can sometimes face the problem of shortage of funds and you should learn to manage in that limited funds only.
- Plan your journey: You must plan your journey from your home to the airport. You must get your visa approval that is the most important thing once you decide the country. You must carefully apply for your visa so that there will be no mistake or chance of any error in your visa process. Prepare your passport and make sure it is updated if you need to renew your passport then you must get it done on time.
- Get your health insurance on time: You must get your health insurance has done which must cover all the risks associated with your journey. You must visit a travel doctor to make sure that you are healthy and fit. It is very important for the students to be medically fit so that they can study and work there. If you are having any medical issue then it must be disclosed in your medical report and you should inform the concerned authorities.
- List of important documents: You must carefully draft a list of documents that are required not only at the time of your arrival but also after it. Take all the photocopies of the documents that you may need there. You must carefully make a list of documents and take them with you with their original copies as well.
- Find your suitable home: You must find it out a home away from your home. Many options are available to you from which you can choose like private halls of residence or shared en-suite. You can prefer your budget, convenience, or the facilities that you want while looking for accommodation. It is always advisable to book the accommodation in advance via the online network so that you don’t have to face any kind of problem when you reach there. Once you book your accommodation you are done with almost half of your work and all your workload relating to your accommodation will go away.
- Carefully pack your luggage: You must carefully pack your luggage and cover all the items that may be required by you at the new place. You need to pack clothes, electrical appliances, medicines, gadgets, chargers, bedding essentials, and so on. You must keep in mind the weight allotted to an individual while traveling. You must pack in that limited weight only to avoid any kind of penalty or fine at the time of the airport.
- Learn their local language: Once you make your decision regarding the country start learning something in the local language. You must be very well aware of their local language so that it will be easier for you to understand whatever they will say.
- Don’t forget to take your medicines: If you are having any health related problem then you must take your prescriptions with you.
- Find someone in your contact in the new country: Before moving, you can find one or two contacts of yours who are already staying there. This will make your after reaching journey a bit easier. Once you realized that someone will be there at the new place if you face any problem then you can receive some moral support. You can ask for their contact numbers so that you can contact them anytime whenever required.
- Don’t forget to take a new number: Once you reach the new place, your old SIM card will stop working. You need to buy an international SIM card. Using an old SIM card will cost you so much as the plans for the local and international SIM cards vary. You can avoid those fat bills if you get a new SIM card.
- Get ready for the adventure: You must stay excited about the new adventure in your life. Every day you will learn something new and exciting in a new place if living in dual occupancy studio.
So, these are the following points for guiding your journey. You must make a list of all these things that you have to do before and after your arrival including booking shared apartments.