Anne Arundel County, Maryland – Anne Arundel County will open cooling centers Tuesday, July 16, 2019 through Sunday, July 21, 2019 in response to prolonged high temperatures and excessive humidity. Temperatures are forecast to be in the high 90s with oppressive humidity, creating heat index values in excess of 106 degrees and orange air quality code. The following locations will be available to provide cooling relief:The following Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities Senior Activity Centers will be open and designated as cooling centers from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 and from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 17, 2019, Thursday, July 18, 2019, and Friday, July 19, 2019.
- Annapolis Senior Activity Center – 119 S, Villa Avenue, Annapolis
- Arnold Senior Activity Center – 44 Church Rd., Arnold
- O’Malley Senior Activity Center – 1275 Odenton Rd., Odenton
- Pasadena Senior Activity Center – 125 4103 Mountain Rd., Pasadena
- Pascal Senior Activity Center – 125 Dorsey Rd., Glen Burnie
- South County Senior Activity Center – 27 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
Learn more click here.