As of July 27, Club Charles in Station North closed, but for how long remains unclear.
Owner, Joy Martin, posted a sign outside the establishment, which read: “Due to unforeseen [sic] circumstances, Club Charles is closed starting this evening, July 27.”
Earlier in the week, Baltimore City paper reported on an imminent closing of the historic bar.
Joy’s mother, Esther Martin, acquired the bar, known as Wigwam, back in 1951. The name was changed in the 70s to Club Charles, but most of the locals referred to the bar as “Club Chuck.”