Baltimore County Police Identify Victim In Lansdowne House Fire


Maryland – A 39-year-old man died this morning of injuries sustained in an early morning house fire in the Lansdowne area.

Baltimore County Fire

​Ryan Robert Cavin was one of seven people sleeping in the home in the 100 block of Hazel Ave., 21227, when the fire began at about 4:30 a.m. Fire personnel rescued him from the top of the staircase on the second floor. Despite efforts by EMS crews to resuscitate him, he died a short time later at St. Agnes Hospital.

Baltimore County Police fire investigators have determined that the fire began in the kitchen. The home was equipped with at least one working smoke alarm, which alerted the victim’s wife to the fire. She woke everyone; she, her husband and two children had been sleeping on the second floor, and three others had been sleeping on the ground floor. Everyone escaped except the victim, Ryan Cavin.

​A second patient who suffered minor injuries refused transport, according to the release.

​Truck 5 (Halethorpe Fire Station) was the first arriving unit and reported heavy smoke on arrival. Twenty-four pieces of equipment responded. The fire was knocked at 4:52 a.m.

The fire remains under investigation.

Leave a Reply
Previous Post

Baltimore Police Looking For Suspect Believed To Be Linked To 9 Robberies

Next Post

Former Employee Of Wellco Enterprises Plead Guilty To $8.1M ‘Made In The USA’ Marketing Scheme

Related Posts