Acting U.S. Attorney Stephen M. Shenning announced Tuesday the arrest of nine people for illegal possession of handguns in Baltimore City.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office arrested nine people with felons who possessed firearms in an effort to address Baltimore’s surging homicide rate and gun violence. The defendants include:
- Thirty-three-year-old Reginald Allen
- Thirty-nine-year-old Michael Awosika
- Twenty-seven-year-old Richard Bailey
- Thirty-two-year-old Ikeyba Brown
- Thirty-one-year-old Michael Corprew
- Twenty-six-year-old Vatrone Foote
- Twenty-eight-year-old Samuel Joyce
- Thirty-year-old Morranda Phimpisane
- Thirty-one-year-old Terrell Wormley
All defendants are scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court this week.