Two Men Seriously Injured In Fire Pit Explosion In Monkton

Avatar

Baltimore County Police said a man and his son were seriously injured Sunday when a fire pit exploded.

At 9 p.m., police received a report of an explosion in the 16500 block of JM Pearce Road. At the scene, the responding officers initiated an investigation that revealed accelerant utilized to light a bonfire “accidentally exploded.”

Accident Scene

The 65-year-old man and his 38-year-old son were airlifted to the University of Maryland R Adams Cowley Center for treatment. Both men are listed in serious condition.

The men created a makeshift fire pit out of a washing machine drum, which exploded. No foul play was involved in the explosion, according to the news release.

The 38-year-old man’s wife, 33 and young daughter were taken to the University of Maryland Medical Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Previous Post

Baltimore County Police Need Help Identifying Man Found Nude Walking In Randallstown

Next Post

Shiel Holdings LLC Will Lay Off 239 Employees In New York

Related Posts