The Sasscer’s House, also known as Kingston House, holds significant historical value for the town of Upper Marlboro. According to the government records, the original structure was built before 1730-1735, marking it as one of the oldest, remaining structures in the town. Gingerbread bargeboards and board and batten siding are still intact, stemming back to the 19th Century. The 1-1/2 story home has undergone an unknown number of renovations, but the original 18th Century configurations were not altered.
David Craufurd II died in 1801, leaving the property to his son, Colonel David Craufurd III, who sold it to Dr. Frederick Sasscer in 1859. Sasscer was the Clerk of the County Court during the time period. According, to the Historic Sites Summary Sheet, Sasscer’s descendants still own the property.