Calimira (DBA Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern) filed a WARN with the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services on March 20, 2020. The letter alerted the closing of 13 restaurants/taverns and layoff of 910 workers.
The layoffs were expected to take place on March 15. The decision to close the facilities and layoff workers has been contributed to Governor, Michael DeWine’s decision to close all restaurants and bars throughout the state to comply with CDC’s social distancing recommendation.
The impacted positions include but not limited to cook, home office employee, executive, director, server, bartender, and manager. The impacted workers do not have union representation, according to the WARN.
Calimira has locations in Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Indiana, and Colorado.
The locations mentioned in the WARN include:
- 6726 Perimeter Loop Drive, Dublin
- 400 Polaris Parkway, Westerville
- 73 North Hamilton Road, Gahanna
- 7800 Olentangy River Road, Columbus
- 4062 Gramercy Street, Columbus
- 1635 West Land Avenue, Upper Arlington
- 6025 Kruse Drive, Solon
- 5035 Deerfield Boulevard, Mason
- 4109 North High Street, Columbus
- 7524 Bales Street, Liberty Township
- 180 Market Street, New Albany
- 2602 Madison Road, Cincinnati
- 2158 East Main Street, Columbus
- 2812 Miamisburg-Centerville Road, Dayton
- 3901 Britton Parkway, Hilliard