Maryland Natural Resources Police performed a successful “dramatic rescue” of a boater Wednesday just off Kent Point.
A marine towing company contacted 911 to report a boater in medical distress at approximately 6 p.m. Wednesday. Upon arrival, first responders located a 63-year-old man from Stevensville aboard a sailboat.
The officers battled 4-foot waves and 25 mph winds to bring the sailboat and skipper Gary Joseph Griffies to short. After consuming a snack, Griffies felt better and refused further medical treatment.
The sailboat was taken to Lippincott Marin in the Kent Narrows.
Officers charged five men with illegal hunting on Fairview Farm in Queen Anne’s County Saturday.
- 42-year-old Richard Mark Prossner of Annapolis
- 64-year-old James Patterson Ellerson of Annapolis
- 48-year-old Williams Calvin Gray III of Centreville
- 48-year-old John Bentley Porter Jr. of Centreville
- 44-year-old Kristofer Michael Cristallo of Severna Park
The men were charged with hunting waterfowl over a baited area. In addition to that charge, Gray was charged with failing to obtain a Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp. The charge carries a maximum $1,500 fine.