Hooters of America has submitted a WARN with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. It explains that due to unforeseen business circumstances and the unprecedented effects of the coronavirus outbreak, the company will be conducting layoffs at its corporate officers and at corporate-owned Indiana Hooters restaurants.
The following Indiana restaurants will be impacted.
- 6426 East 82st Street Indianapolis
- 7551 South US 31 Indianapolis
- 25 West Georgia Street Indianapolis
- 2327 Sagamore Parkway Lafayette
- 771 East 81st Pl Merrillville
- 205 West Day Road Mishawaka
- 1665 Olmsted Drive Portage
- 1650 US Highway 41 Suite A Schererville
- 941 Lewis & Clark Parkway Clarksville
- 700 West Riverside Drive Jeffersonville
The company will also be laying off at its corporate offices located at 1815 The Exchange SE in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a partial closure and reduction in workforce so not all Hooters of America employees will be impacted.
Based upon all available information, HOA anticipates that the action will be permanent. The first layoffs occurred on March 16, 2020. 260 Hooters Girls were laid off on March 20, 2020. 103 kitchen staff employees were laid off on the same day.
In total, the company is expected to lay off 502 employees. The full WARN can be found here.