Black Shoe Hospitality has filed a WARN with the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development to notify of a mass layoff. The company laid off all of its hourly employees on March 17, 2020 at the following restaurants.
- Maxie’s Milwaukee LLC – 6732 West Fairview Avenue Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Over Easy LLC dba Blue’s Egg – 317 North 76th Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Story Hill BKC LLC – 5100 West Bluemound Road Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Crispy Browns LLC dba Blue’s Egg – 4195 North Oakland Avenue Shorewood, Wisconsin
- Black Shoe Hospitality dba Black Shoe Bakery – 320 N 77th Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The letter explains that the layoffs are due to the closing of in-house dining services and only being a take out dining facility. The layoff is temporary but indefinite. 37 line cooks, 41 servers, and 19 bartenders were laid off.
In total, 155 workers were laid off at the company’s restaurants. More details can be found here.