Table of Contents Hide
The final season of Better Call Saul is coming soon. It will be on TV in early 2022 and it will have 13 episodes. This will be the highest number of episodes in a season. There were 10 episodes for each season before. Better Call Saul is a spin-off prequel of Breaking Bad that was created by Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould.
When is Better Call Saul Season 6 coming up?
The sixth season of Breaking Bad was ordered in January, but it will come out in 2022. This is because the cast and crew may not be able to film this year because of a disease called COVID-19. In February 2021, AMC said that the sixth season would start airing in the first quarter of 2022. They still think it will be good to have all 13 episodes aired weekly and not broken up into parts. But it’s up to AMC to decide if they want to do this.
Who will be starring better Call Saul Season 6?
- Bob Odenkirk as Jimmy McGill / Saul Goodman, A lawyer who is Saul Goodman and Kim Wexler’s husband. He manages a Cinnabon store in Omaha, under the alias Gene Takavic.
- Jonathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut, A Madrigal Corporate Security Consultant is someone who helps Gus Fring’s criminal ambitions.
- Rhea Seehorn as Kim Wexler, A lawyer and Jimmy’s wife, and his friend.
- Patrick Fabian as Howard Hamlin, Chuck McGill retired and died. There is only one person who manages Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill now.
- Michael Mando as Nacho Varga, A lieutenant in the Juárez Cartel, overseeing daily operations in Albuquerque.
- Tony Dalton as Lalo Salamanca, The acting head of the Salamanca family is a member of the Juárez Cartel.
- Giancarlo Esposito as Gus Fring, The Albuquerque narcotics distributor is under the Juárez Cartel. He uses his fried chicken chain, Los Pollos Hermanos, as a way to hide the drugs.
Also Read: The Matrix: Resurrections
What about the filming of Better Call Saul Season 6?
In April 2020, Michael Mando and Tony Dalton said filming the show would start the next September. They said they didn’t know if it would be delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Rhea Seehorn then said in July that filming wouldn’t begin until people were safe to do so. The producer said that the pandemic might limit where the series films. They might not be able to film everything inside because other places won’t let them. They will have to be creative with what they do and where they film things. In the same month, Gould said there was no scheduled date to start filming. The show is not likely to start in 2020 because of the pandemic.
Sony Pictures Television is trying very hard for the series to get back on, but they may have to postpone for a little while. In October, Esposito said that filming would start in March 2021. This was echoed by Odenkirk in February 2021. Filming started on March 10th in New Mexico. Each episode will take about three weeks to film and will last for 8 months of production.
On July 27, 2021, Odenkirk collapsed on set and was rushed to a nearby hospital. His representatives said the next day that he had suffered from a heart-related incident but was now in a stable condition. He later confirmed that he did suffer from a heart attack but his doctors were able to treat him without surgery. He is going to film a break in August, and it will change the schedule of the production. Filming won’t happen for a while. But by September, he can film again.
Also Read: Mayans M.C. Season 4: All You Need To Know
What about the production of the show?
In January 2020, AMC renewed Better Call Saul for a sixth season. The show’s creator and AMC representatives have confirmed that it is going to be the final season of the show. The final episode count will be 63. This is one more than Breaking Bad’s total episodes which were 62. Gould said, “From the beginning when we started this, I think all our hopes and dreams were to be able to tell the whole story … and make it to be a complete story from beginning to end. We are going to try hard so that these 63 episodes will have a good ending.
” Giancarlo Esposito has said that the series will end with the sixth season. The show is like Breaking Bad because it has been split into two parts to make it seem like there are six seasons. Gould said that he was not sure if he could do 13 episodes. He had only done 10 before. But Thomas Schnauz convinced him to do it, telling Gould that the last 13 would have a barn in the distance and be like a horse going down the last bit of a race.