Acting U.S. Attorney Stephen M. Schenning announced Monday a Baltimore man pleaded guilty to participating in a drug trafficking conspiracy and racketeering conspiracy related to his involvement in “Murdaland Mafia Piru (MMP.)
Twenty-two-year-old Delante Lee, aka “Tay Tay” was affiliated with the MMP, also known as “Mobsters” or “Mob,” a subset of the Bloods gang. The street gang operated in Maryland in or around 2011, controlling the drug trade in some areas of Northwest Baltimore City. The gang operated a drug shop in the 5200 block of Windsor Mill Road near Interstate 70, the prime location to attract customers.
Lee distributed crack cocaine to an informant who was working with law enforcement on April 14 and April 21, 2016 near the intersection of Liberty Heights Avenue and Gwynn Oak Avenue. A conversation recorded between Lee and informant captured Lee saying he was going to buy $4,200 worth of cocaine later that day and had raw heroin available at $90 per gram, according to court records.
As a fugitive from justice in January 2017, Lee shot an individual in the arm after he wandered onto MMP’s drug turf. Just a short time later, Lee ended up shooting himself, while he was trying to “put away the gun.” Law enforcement was dispatched to the scene, but Lee refused to cooperate. A search led to the recovery of a vial of crack cocaine.
Lee faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. His sentencing hearing is scheduled for November 2.
There were eleven other co-defendants named in the case:
- 27-year-old William Banks, aka “Trouble,” of Baltimore
- 29-year-old Dominick Wedlock, aka “Rage” and “Nick,” of Baltimore
- 48-year-old Dwight Jenkins, aka “Huggie” and “Unc,” of Baltimore
- 26-year-old Melvin Lashley, aka “Menace,” of Baltimore
- 27-year-old William Jones, aka “Bill” and “Smalls,” of Baltimore
- 27-year-old Jarmal Harrid, aka
- “J-Rock” and “PJ,” of Gwynn Oak
- 25-year-old Jamal Smith, aka “Mal” and “Lil Mal,” of Gwynn Oak
- 22-year-old Maurice Pollock, aka “Reese,” of Baltimore
- 21-year-old Charles Blackwell, aka “Ci-Bo” and “Lil Charlie” of Woodlawn
- 39-year-old Kenneth Torry, aka “Kenny,” of Owings Mills
- 24-year-old Jay Greer, aka “Champagne” and “Montana Gold,” of Baltimore