Baltimore County, Maryland – Yesterday’s natural gas explosion at a Randallstown apartment complex was accidental and originated in an HVAC closet in a second-floor unit, BCoPD fire investigators have determined.
No one was injured in the incident. Several people were displaced from the second-floor apartment where the explosion originated.
BCoFD crews were dispatched at 10:44 a.m. to the 3400 block of Carriage Hill Circle, 21133, for a report of an explosion in a building at the three-story garden apartment complex. Crews evacuated the building of origin and the adjacent buildings and searched for injured patients; they found none. BGE and a county building engineer responded to the scene.
Crews used gas meters to monitor levels of dangerous gases and found low readings. Units began clearing the scene around 11:25 a.m.
Randallstown’s Engine 18 was first on the scene. Sixteen BCoFD units responded.
The press release is available at baltimorecountymd.gov.