The Baltimore County Fire Department was dispatched to the unit block of Highshire Court at approximately 10:27 a.m. Sunday. The townhome was completely destroyed and two adjacent units were “significantly damaged,” according to the report.
Investigators determined the fire began in the basement of the townhome and spread across the roof to the two adjacent units. A second alarm was called at 10:46 a.m. and a third at 10:47 a.m.
The townhome was evacuated at 10:51 a.m. and the other structures were evacuated at 11:21 a.m. One person suffered non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. At least eight residents were displaced due to the fire.
The investigation revealed the fire started when a spark from a pellet stove ignited a sofa.