Individuals that meet specific income criteria may be eligible to receive government assistance. The Food Supplement Program (FSP) was designed to assist low-income Marylanders to obtain the appropriate food sources to maintain good health. This is a non-discriminatory governmental program, so everyone has the right to fill out an application and submit it to the Maryland Department of Human Resources.
Applicants, filing for Food Stamps must fill out and application and submit it, before they can be considered for approval. Participants have several options, when applying for SNAP:
- Print off application (see link below) and mail it MDDHR (see address below)
- Print off application and hand deliver it to Prince George’s County DSS office (see address below)
- Print off application and fax it to the MDDHR main office (see fax# below)
- To apply online, participants need to create a DHR account, then complete, and submit the application electronically
- Apply in person at one of the Prince George’s County DSS office
SNAP or Food Stamp application: http://www.dhr.state.md.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/SNAP-Applications.pdf
When applying in person, be sure to bring your photo I.D., and one of the following: independence card, unemployment check stubs, and (or) unemployment notice letter.
If interested, you can view the current Family Investment Programs income guidelines to see if you qualify, before initiating the application process, please click here: http://www.dhr.state.md.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/iag.pdf
You can set up a DHR account, by clicking on the following link, https://mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us/dashboardClient/#/howToUse. Once you complete the registration process, you can begin applying for various types of services.
DHR Main Office
311 West Saratoga Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Prince George’s County Department of Social Services
805 Brightseat Road
Landover, Maryland 20785-4723