Gas Leak Forces Evacuation Of Oak Crest Retirement Village

Baltimore County Fire and EMS responded to a gas leak at the Oak Crest retirement community at 10:12 a.m. Friday.

At the scene, fire and EMS personnel began assisting in evacuating between 150 to 200 residents of the Belmont building to a safe location. A natural gas leak was reported in the 8800 block of Walther Boulevard in Parkville, EMS officials said.

Baltimore Gas and Electric arrived on scene and shut off the power and gas, as a precautionary measure. Fire crews extinguished an underground fire linked to the gas leak.

Baltimore County Fire

Smoke from the fire penetrated into the Belmont building, but no fire was reported.

During the evacuation, one patient was taken to the MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center as a safety measure.

The entrance to the facility is temporarily closed and will be reopened once fire personnel clear the scene.

This entry was posted in Maryland News and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *