Category Archives: Maryland News

Annabel Lee Tavern In Canton To Shutter Its Doors This Weekend

Annabel Lee Tavern opened in 2007 in Canton, where dive bars filled the area. With two consecutive years of revenue loss, totaling up to $200,000 each year, the owner, Kurt Bragunier, feels his only choice is to close the restaurant … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Job Market Looking More Promising For The Class Of 2017

After many years of depressed wages and high unemployment, the job market is looking up for college graduates, analysts say. Job prospects for members of class of 2017 are better than those who graduated in the wake of the recession. … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Mayor Catherine Pugh Budget Would Ground Police Helicopters, Cut Funding To Youth Centers

In March, Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh unveiled her first budget proposal. The $2.8 plan included the return of speed cameras, a modest tax cut for homeowners, refinancing of the Hilton Hotel owned by the city and millions in increased funding … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Rep. Elijah Cummings Will Remain In Johns Hopkins Hospital After Undergoing Heart Surgery

Baltimore representative Elijah E. Cummings underwent heart surgery to correct a narrowing of the aortic valve at Johns Hopkins Hospital. His office said on Thursday that he would not be released for several days following the procedure. Cummings, 66, an … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

New Study Reveals Safe Places To Use Drugs Would Save $6M In Opioid Epidemic-Related Costs

A new cost-benefit analysis led by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health researchers and collaborators revealed that safe drug sites would save $6 million annually in opioid epidemic-related costs. In safe consumption spaces, people can utilize illicit drugs, while … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Baltimore Prosecutors, Police Turning To Child Witnesses To Solve Criminal Cases

Baltimore prosecutors and police rely primarily on adult witnesses to crime to solve cases, but with the increasing violence in they city they have begun turning to the most unlikely source, children. On Monday, the state’s attorney office and Police … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Hopkins Researchers Create ‘An Atmosphere In A Bottle’

An assistant professor of planetary sciences at Johns Hopkins would hop aboard a space shuttle and travel to Saturn’s largest moon ‘Titan’, if it was possible. Her best alternative was to bring Titan’s dust and gases to her lab at … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Rocket Tiers Learning Center Employee Charged With Murder In Death Of 8-Month-Old

On Tuesday, daycare workers at Rocket Tiers Learning Center found an 8-month-old girl unresponsive and notified Baltimore Police Department. A staffer recounted the moments before Bowman was found deceased, saying she had fed the child, then wrapped her in a … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

NOAA Forecasters Predicting Above-Normal Hurricane Season

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) forecasters have predicted a very busy Atlantic hurricane season. The forecasters are calling for 20 percent chances of a below-normal season; 35 percent chances of a typical year; and 45 percent chances of … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Chipotle Opens At Towson Commons On May 25

Chipotle Mexican Grill opened its third location in Towson on Thursday. The 2908-square-foot restaurant at Towson Commons features a variety of Mexican foods that are prepared in open kitchens daily. The Towson-area locations at 6314 York Road and 801 Goucher … Continue reading

Posted in Maryland News | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment